Ever thought of saving a GIF from Reddit or some other social media on your iPhone? Most of the time we come across some very funny gif that we want to save to our photo roll to show them to friends later.
In this post, we will guide you exactly to achieve the same. You will not be asked to go through the difficult process of making your iPhone sit on jailbroken firmware.
What are GIF?
GIF stands for Graphics Interchange Format. It is a mid point between video and an image. So we can say that gif is neither a video but it is animated and neither a photo. So gif is basically in between video and photo.
How to Save GIF on iPhone
Now that you know what actually is gif, lets learn how to save gif on iPhone. By default, iOS does not allow you to save gif.
- First of all scroll to the gif that you want to save.
- Tap and hold on that gif image for a second until you see “Save Image” option. Tap on it to save it.
- Now the gif is successfully saved to the iPhone Photos App. However, when you open it, it will be like a normal photo. Where is its animation? Do not worry. To get the saved gif animation back, open the messages app.
- Create a new conversation.
- Add any dummy recipient.
- Now tap on camera button at the text field.
- Browse for the saved gif.
- When you select that gif, something amazing will happen. The gif has got back its life and is now animated.
This is how you can save gif on your iPhone and then can later view them in its true shape.
Did this article give you the information you needed? Let us know in the comments section below.