Have your jailbroken your iPhone X, 8 Plus, 7 Plus, 6S, SE or iPad Air/Mini on iOS 11 – 11.1.2 using Houdini11 or LiberiOS and now want to restore without updating to latest version? If answer is yes, then Prometheus is the tool that can rescue you out of this miserable situation.
Restoring your iPhone or iPad to factory setting is simple task. It can be easily done with iTunes. However, it becomes difficult if you try to jailbreak your iDevice. The reason is that after jailbreaking the device, it is very difficult for iTunes to recognize it.
Most people end up updating to latest iOS version available in that cases. However, the problem is addressed by jailbreak developers now and also solved.
Thanks to a new utility called Prometheus. It can help you restore your iPhone/iPad to iOS 11, 11.1.2 and iOS 11.2.1 factory setting without updating it, thus help you stay on previous version. This way, you can be prepared for future jailbreak release.
It is to mention that Prometheus is not easy to use. Rather it require some basic knowledge of jailbreak and Cydia as pre-requisite. So if you feel you have that much knowledge then please proceed at your own risk.
Currently, Apple is only signing iOS 11.2.1 on iPhone and iPad. This mean that you cannot restore to iOS 11 and iOS 11.1.2 as it is not being signed now. So you need to use Prometheus in any case for restoring device to older than iOS 11.2.1 firmware.
How to Use Prometheus/FutureRestore for Restoring to iOS 11 – 11.1.2
As mentioned before, using Prometheus aka Futurerestore utility to restore to iOS 11 and iOS 11.1.2 factory setting is complicated task, so proceed with care.
- Download Prometheus or FutureRestore for Mac/Windows.
- Download NonceSet1112 IPA file.
- Place the IPA file on your desktop.
- Download and install Cydia Impactor.
- Connect your iDevice to your PC.
- Drag and drop the NonceSet1112 IPA file inside Cydia Impactor.
- Follow on-screen instructions.Enter your Apple ID details once asked.
- Wait for the process of installation to be completed. When done, disconnect your iDevice from your PC.
- Launch the Settings app and go to General -> Profile & Device Management.
- Now create a folder named restoring to iOS 11 on your PC or Mac desktop.
Next you need to use Prometheus aka FutureRestore to restore to factory setting of iOS 11 or iOS 11.1.2. For that, we will cover steps in detailed tutorial. Stay tuned!
Did you find the information you were looking for? Let us know in the comments section.