Apple has just unveiled the iOS 12 beta version at WWDC. This is packed with all new features and fixes all the major bugs of previous iOS 11.
The final version of iOS 12 will be released later this year in September. However, if you would like to give iOS 12 a try, then you’ll need to proceed with installation of iOS 12 beta IPSW on your iPhone or iPad.
iOS 12 Beta
Since this is beta version, so you need to have Apple developer account and registered UDID in order to try out beta.
It is worth to mention that iOS 12 beta will be packed with many bugs. So we recommend to try this out on your secondary iPhone or iPad.
In case you are trying it out on your primary iPhone or iPad, make sure you have backed up your data using iTunes, so should anything goes wrong, your data is secured.
In this tutorial, we will guide you how to install iOS 12 beta 1 using its IPSW file on your iPhone X, 8 Plus, 8, 7 Plus, 7, 6S, SE, iPad Mini or iPad without registered Apple developer account or UDID.
Method 1: With Registered UDID Apple Developer Account
- Download iOS 12 Beta 1 IPSW.
- Place the ipsw file on your desktop.
- Connect your iPhone/iPad to your PC or Mac.
- Make sure you have latest version of iTunes installed.
- Use iTunes to install iOS 12 Beta.
Method 2: Without Registered UDID Apple Developer Account
Alternatively, if you do not have registered Apple UDID or developer account, follow the steps below:
- Sign up for Apple Beta with your Apple ID.
- Login and then register your iDevice on which you want to try iOS 12.
- Download the configuration file.
- Now go to Settings -> General -> Software update.
- There you will see iOS 12 update. Tap on Download and install.
This iOS 12 beta is for the developers so they can sort out problems and report accordingly to Apple. So you are expected to do same.