This comprehensive tutorial will teach you how to remove iCloud activation lock and turn off Find My iPhone on your iDevice running on iOS 11 or later without jailbreaking it.
Apple has added a protection tool called Find My iPhone to all its iOS device. It is for the purpose of protecting users data if it goes to wrong hands.
Sometimes, due to entering the wrong password or PIN quite few times, the alarm in iOS is tiggered and it shows iCloud activation lock.
How to Remove iCloud Activation Lock on iPhone in iOS 11
If you are in possession of such iCloud locked iPhone which is running on iOS 11, then you have got a luck. It can be easily removed, thanks to some small steps.
- Go to Settings.
- There look for iCloud.
- Tap on it. You will be asked for your Apple ID email and password.
- Enter the details.
- Once you enter the Apple ID details in iCloud, the lock will be instantly removed.
How to Turn Off Find My iPhone
To Turn off Find my iPhone, follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings -> iCloud.
- There go to Find My iPhone settings.
- Turn it Off.
- You will be asked for your Apple ID details and password.
If by following the tutorial, you are unable to remove iCloud activation lock or error and turn off find my iPhone in iOS 11 without jailbreak, then you will need to contact Apple support.