Earlier today, Electra jailbreak was released that brought happiness on lot of iDevice owners. In this tutorial, you will learn how to fix “Sub-process returned an error code (100)” while trying to jailbreak your iPhone X, 8 Plus/7, 7/7 Plus, 6S/6, iPad Air or Mini using Electra iOS 11, 11.1.2, 11.2 and 11.3 untethered jailbreak tool.
Gone are the days when jailbreak used to get released whenever new iOS version was announced by Apple. These days, due to strict control by fruit company, jailbreak has become very difficult.
Now when Electra team has released untethered jailbreak tool for iOS 11, 11.1.2 and 11.2, the issue with Cydia still persists.
Saurik has not yet updated Cydia to support this latest iOS 11.1.2 jailbreak. This is the main reason you might face Sub-Process returned an error code (100) error when trying to jailbreak iOS 11. The full error that appears with database heading reads:
sub-process returned an error code (100)
Method /usr/lib/apt/methods/https did not start correctly
Method http has died unexpectedly!
Tutorial to Fix Sub-Process returned an error code (100) using Electra iOS 11.1.2/11.2 Jailbreak
We have successfully found a workaround that will let you get rid of this problem on your iPhone or iPad which is under question.
Follow the steps below:
- Download core APT v7.0 Debian Package.
- Tranfer the package to /private/var/tmp on your iDdevice.
- Open it using Filza file manager.
- Search for the file with “apt7” in Filza and then transfer it to the root folder.
- Remember that “root” is the username and “alpine” is the password.
- Now you need to start SFTP session. For that, use iTerminal app from AppStore.
- Etner 127.0.0.1 as IP, “2222” below it and root/alpine as username and password.
- When done, type this command “cd/var/tmp dpkg-i apt7-lib_0.7.25.3-15_iphoneos-arm.deb killall -9 SpringBoard”
Done. You have successfully downgraded the apt using its package file. Now you will not face Sub-process returned an error code (100) error when trying to jailbreak using Electra tool for iOS 11.1.2/11.2.