Chimera iOS 12 jailbreak meant for A12 devices does has some bugs and one them is non showing of Sileo/Cydia Tweaks in settings app after jailbreaking iOS 12/12.1/12.2. This tutorial will cover methods to fix this problem to get PreferenceLoader back in working condition.
What PreferenceLoad or Cydia/Sileo Tweaks Not Showing Error Occurs in iOS 12?
Basically Chimera Jailbreak was released for A12 devices running on iOS 12 or iOS 12.0.1. The main reason behind PreferenceLoader error was non-support for Chimera jailbreak at the moment. This results in an error message that reads “There was an error loading the preference bundle for”
However, you need not to worry anymore if you face this annoying message when trying to run your favorite Cydia or Sileo tweak on iPhone XS Max, X, 8 Plus, 6S, SE, iPad Air or Mini after jailbreaking iOS 12, as solutions has been released, thanks to NepetaDev.
Method to Fix PrefererenceLoader or Sileo Tweaks Not Showing
After successful jailbreaking of iOS 12 using Chimera, you will have Sileo on your homescreen.
- Launch Sileo from homescreen.
- Go to Sources and add Ryan Petrich’s repo there. Address is https://rpetri.ch/repo.
- Once it is added, go to Packages section in Sileo and open the Developer Tab.
- Add NepetaDev’s source whose address is https://repo.nepeta.me there and then proceed with installation of Cephei Debian Package.
- Done with installation? Restart your iDevice. As it is semi-untethered jailbreak, so you need to re-jailbreak it again using Chimera app. For that, open Chimera app and tap on “Jailbreak” button there.
That’s it. Now proceed with your favorite Cydia or Sileo tweak installation. You won’t face any PreferenceLoader or bundle error anymore on iOS 12, iOS 12.0.1 or iOS 12.2 powered iDevice after jailbreaking with Chimera.
In case you are facing “failing to fetch error” in Sileo, follow this tutorial. You can also leave us a comment below about what issues you are still facing.