If you are an iPhone user, then you will probably aware of its strict security measures when it comes to Passcode and iCloud. So what to do if you enter your passcode wrongly too many times and it is now disabled? Is there any way to unlock it without losing your date, if you don’t already have iCloud or iTunes backup on iOS 12? Let’s find out.
Thankfully, there are a couple of methods that will help you fix disabled iPhone issue without losing your data.
Methods to Recover or Fix iPhone is Disabled on iOS 12 without Losing Data
There are two methods to restore or unlock your iPhone after someone or you yourself has entered the passcode too wrongly too many times. However, you will need to have either an iTunes or iCloud backup of your iPhone in order to be able to restore data.
Method # 1: Restore iPhone using iTunes Backup
- Connect your iPhone to your computer.
- Launch iTunes.
- Click on the iPhone icon at the top right.
- Click on “Restore from backup” option.
- Select the backup from which you want to restore your iPhone.
- Wait until the process of restoration is completed. Depending upon the size of your backup, it might take up to 30 minutes.
Once everything is restored, your iPhone will be restarted before it is ready for use.
Method # 2: Restore iPhone in Recovery Mode and then from iCloud Backup
- First of all, put your iPhone to recovery mode. For that, press and hold ON/Off and Home Buttons for few seconds until you see the “Connect to Itunes”.
- After that, press and hold side button until you see the “recovery mode screen”.
- Connect your device to a computer and then proceed to go ahead with the restore process.
- When your device gets successfully restored, set it up.
- During the process, you will be asked about to restore from backup. Choose the restore from iCloud backup option.
If you are facing issues while restoring your iPhone using iTunes backup or iCloud backup, then we recommend to try out dr.fone-Repair. It is a third-party tool and you can use it to recover your iPhone. It has a more user-friendly interface than iTunes.