It is very common for users to experience errors and troubles with a new iOS update. This tutorial will teach you how to fix the preparing for iOS 13 update issue when using OTA feature on iPhone XS Max, XR, 8 Plus, 7 Plus, 6S, SE, iPad Air or Mini.
iOS 13 was officially unveiled earlier this year by Apple in WWDC. It comes with many new features and performance improvements. One of the noticeable feature of iOS 13 included introduction of system wide dark theme and fast performance.
Now that iOS 13 is finally available to general public fro all supported iDevices, it is time to install this gorgeous operating system on your iPhones and iPads.
One of the option to update your iDevice to iOS 13 final is using the OTA or over-the-air update feature. However, some users reports that their progress gets stuck on “Preparing for Update” when using iOS 13 OTA update feature.
If you are one of them, worry not as this can be easily fixed through some simple steps as mentioned below:
- Launch Settings app on your iDevice. Go to General -> iPhone Storage.
- Wait until the bars are updated.
- When above step is done, check out if you have enough data storage available for iOS 13 update.
- If there is not enough free space enable, then try deleting the stuff that you have on your iDevice until you have enough storage available.
- Once done, launch Settings app again.
- Go to General -> Software Update and start the downloading of iOS 13 update.
- Wait until it is completed. Once it is done, start the installation process.
The whole process will take up to 30 minutes, but that depends on your internet connection speed and your iPhone or iPad model.
Please note that lots of users are reporting issues with apps not working, impact upon battery life, wi-fi connectivity, and more. If you are struggling with something similar, check back on our site as we have posted tutorials for many of these issues already.