While iOS 12 brings with it many new amazing features, however, some users, especially iPhone XR owners are facing cellular update error. This tutorial, we will cover methods to help you fix the problem of cellular update on your iPhone XR.
What is Cellular Update Error?
With cellular update error, users get an error message that reads “Cellular Update Failed – Your iPhone cannot make and receive call or access cellular data until it has been updated”. This is mostly because of software issue. Presently, iPhone XR owners who have updated their devices to iOS 12 are commonly facing this problem.
As a common fix to all software related error caused by bugs, we recommend to first update your iPhone to latest iOS version. You can do so by opening the Settings app and going to General -> Software Update.
Methods to Fix Cellular Update Error in iOS 12, 12.2 or 12.3 on iPhone XR
There are couple of proven methods to help you solve this annoying error on your iPhone. Let’s proceed with them.
Method 1: Soft Reset your iPhone
- Press and hold “Power and Volume” buttons until you see Slide to turn off option.
- Swipe that to turn it off.
- Once it is done, turn it On by pressing and holding the side power button for a second.
Check if the problem still persists.
Method 2: Reset Network Settings
In order to reset the network settings in iOS 12, follow the steps below:
- Open Settings app on your iPhone. Go to General.
- Scroll down to look for “Reset” option.
- Tap on “Reset Network Settings” option.
- You might be required to enter the passcode or Apple ID password to confirm this action. Proceed with that.
Hopefully, after following above methods, you won’t face cellular update error anymore on your iPhone XR. If you still have questions or need help, leave us a note in the comment section below.