After a very long wait, Apple released iOS 11.3 to the general public. iOS 11.3 is first major update after the iOS 11 release back in June last year. It includes lot of new features like battery health indicator etc.
Just like previous versions, the first release of major iOS 11 version update mostly have some bugs. So is the case with iOS 11.3. Lot of users are facing shutting down of apps and games on their iOS devices after updating to iOS 11.3.
Steps to Fix Games and Apps Crashing in iOS 11.3
This is just normal bug and there is nothing to worry about. In this tutorial, we will let you know in easy steps on how to fix the apps and games crashing on iPhone X, 8 Plus, 8, 7 Plus, 6S, iPad Air or Mini.
Method # 01: Restart your iOS 11.3 iDevice
- Press and hold the “Home” and “Power” button for few seconds until you see an Apple logo on your iDevice.
- In case you are on iPhone X, restarting is quite easy. Hold power button and then restart.
In most cases, restarting your device is going to be the solution.
Method # 02: Put iPhone in Recovery Mode
If above method of restarting iPhone/iPad does not work, follow the steps below:
- Put your iPhone in to recovery mode.
- Connect it to iTunes.
- Do nothing and then move it out from recovery mode.
Other things you can do if the above methods have not solved your problems:
- Try updating or uninstall/install apps individually (not all of them, just the problem ones). When a new iOS is released, it doesn’t follow that every app and game that was previously compatible and smooth is also going to continue to be up to date. It is likely that app developers will be working just as hard as the iOS teams to get apps working normally again
- Check the storage you have available on your device. It could be that the new iOS takes up more room on your phone than before.
- I’m not sure why this works, but it does. Sometimes you need to close out of the problem app. Then go and turn off Wifi and data and then try the app again, then enable Wifi and data later if needed.
- Restore with iTunes (not the favorite because lots of data is lost but might be the solution)
Let us know which method worked in your case to fix apps and games crashing on iOS 11.3 on iDevices including iPhone X.