Remember we covered about Sileo, a possible Cydia alternative long ago? Well, the time has finally come as Coolstar has released the first public version of Sileo and it is available for download. Learn how you can download and install it on your iPhone XS Max, iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone 8 Plus, SE, 7 Plus, 6S, iPad Air or Mini running on iOS 12, 12.1.2 and 11.
As you would be aware that Saurik, the founder of Cydia has already taken down the payment system of Cydia. Apart from that, there were lot of difficulties faced by people who rely too much on jailbreak tweaks.
Sileo on the other hand, is a new and very effective alternative to Cydia. This new tool is developed by Coolstar, the team behind Electra.
Some of the key features of Sileo for iOS 12/11 include:
- Very fast and light weight.
- It has clean yet modern user interface that is perfectly in line with iOS theme.
- Works at very fast speeds.
How to Install Sileo for iOS 12/11 on iPhone and iPad
There are two methods to install Sileo on your iPhone. If your iPhone or iOS device on which you want to install Sileo is running on iOS 11, then you need to jailbreak it first and then follow the method 1. If your iDevice is running on iOS 12 or iOS 12.1.1, then still worry not as you can install Sileo without jailbreak on iOS 12 too.
Method # 1: Install Sileo on iOS 11 Using Cydia
- Launch Cydia on your iPhone or iPad.
- Go to Sources and look for Electra iOS Utilities source.
- There look for Sileo (Beta) and tap on install button to start the process.
- Once it is installed, tap on Restart SpringBoard.
- You will now have Sileo on your iOS homescreen.
Method # 2: Install Sileo for iOS 12 without Jailbreak
As no public jailbreak is yet available for iOS 12 devices, you are left with one option which is to instal Cydia without jailbreak first before proceeding with Sileo installation.
- Install Cydia for iOS 12 without jailbreak using iNoCydia.
- Launch Cydia.
- Add Electra repo there.
- Search for “Sileo” and proceed with its installation.
After installation of Sileo, simply launch it from the homescreen. Just like you, I am sure you would be surprised by the amazing look of Sileo interface and speed on its first launch, on your iOS 12 powered iPhone or other iDevice.