Jailbreak lovers rejoice as RootlessJB for iOS 12 and iOS 12.1.2 has been released that allow iPhone XS, X, XR, 8 Plus, 7, iPhone SE, iPad Air and Mini owners to achieve jailbreak very easily.
Released by Jake James (a well known security expert), RootlessJB was initially released with iOS 12 support, however, now it has been updated to support Cydia tweak injection for iOS 12.1.2 too.
RootlessJB supports A9, A11 and A10 devices, however, one thing to keep in mind is that it is developer centric jailbreak solution. By developer centric, we mean that RootlessJB does not come with easy and user friendly tool to install Cydia tweaks.
Jailbreak iOS 12 – iOS 12.1.2 with rootlessJB
So if you know what you are proceeding with, lets proceed with steps to jailbreak your iOS 12.1.2 and iOS 12 device with rootlessJB. As always, the first step before any other action is taken is to back up your device.
Next, before we proceed, please note that rootlessJB is compatible with:
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 7/7 Plus
- iPhone 6S Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPad Air
- iPad Pro
- iPad Mini
Make sure your device is on this list. If it is, then you can move forward with the steps below.
Step by Step Tutorial
- Launch Safari on your iPhone or iPad which you want to jailbreak.
- Visit jailbreaks.fun. Search for rootlessJB. Proceed with its downloading.
- Once downloading is completed, open Settings app.
- Go to General -> Device Management.
- Trust the rootlessJB certificate. Once done, put your iOS device to Airplane mode.
- Now open rootlessJB.
- Toggle the switch to enable for Tweaks and then tap on “Jailbreak” button.
- Wait till installation is completed.
- Once it is completed, your device with re-spring.
That’s it. You have successfully jailbroken your iOS 12/12.1.2 device using rootlessJB.
Do you have any questions? Let us know in the comments section below.