After LiberiOS, Houdini has also came to the ground and released untethered jailbreak tool for all devices supporting iOS 11 up to iOS 11.2.1 including iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, 7 Plus, SE, 6S, iPad Air and Mini.
Jailbreak is very essential part of most of the iOS devices tech life. It is because with jailbreak, it is possible to customize the look of iOS 11 and iOS 11.2.1 on iPhone, iPod and iPad to will. Without jailbreak, you cannot even select the outside music as your ringtone. How ironic is this?
Previously, we have covered a tutorial on how to jailbreak iOS 11 using LiberiOS tool. Like LiberiOS jailbreak tool, Houdini is also in beta phases at present. So you will face some bugs while trying to jailbreak your iDevice on iOS 11.
Steps to Jailbreak iOS 11 – 11.2.1 Using Houdini Tool
So if you have made up your mind of achieving untethered jailbreak on your iDevice running on iOS 11 or iOS 11.2.1 using Houdini , follow the steps below:
- Download Houdini11 IPA file.
- Place the .ipa file on your desktop.
- Download and install Cydia Impactor on your computer.
- Connect your iPhone, iPod or iPad to your computer.
- Launch Cydia Impactor and wait until it recognizes your iDevice.
- Drag and drop the Houdini11 ipa file inside Cydia Impactor.
- Follow on-screen instructions.
- Once installation is completed, launch the settings app on your iDevice.
- Under device management, verify Houdini app you have just installed.
- Now launch Houdini11 from your homescreen.
By using simple instructions provided inside the Houdini11 app, you will be able to jailbreak your iDevice running on iOS 11, iOS 11.1 or iOS 11.2.1.