Apple unveiled iOS 13 beta a while ago with lot of new features and improvements, the most noticeable of which included system wide Dark Theme and new gestures.
Earlier, we have shared the direct download links for iOS 13 Beta .ipsw files, which you can use to manually install iOS 13 beta on your iDevice using iTunes. However, that would require to install iOS 13 beta by erasing all the data and then restoring that data again.
Thankfully, there is another method that you can utilize to update your iOS device to iOS 13 beta without losing any of your data and settings, through over-the-air update or OTA update. For that, you will need to download the beta profile first.
How to Install iOS 13 Beta Using OTA or Over-the-Air Update for Free
Follow the steps below to update your iDevice running on iOS 12 or later to iOS 13 beta using OTA update for free:
- First of all, you need to launch Safari web browser on your iPhone.
- Visit page and tap “Allow” on your iPhone.
- Your device will need to be restarted after installing the profile.
- Once profile is installed, go to General -> Software Update. There, you will be able to see iOS 13 Beta 1 update as OTA update.
- Select the “Download & Install” option and wait for it to get completed.
- Once the downloading is completed, tap on Install now option to start the process.
Your iPhone will restart during the process and it will take some time before iOS 13 is completely installed on your iDevice.
The key benefit of using OTA or Over-the-Update feature is that you won’t lose any of your existing iOS 12 setting or data and it will remain same on your iOS device.
Have you installed iOS 13 Beta? What do you think of it? How does it compare, in your opinion, to iOS 12? Should people get Beta or wait until 13 is released in full? Let us know your opinion in the comments section below.