Have you jailbroken your iPhone or iPad on iOS 12 or iOS 12.1.2 using Chimera tool and now missing Cydia? Here’s how you can install Cydia and replace Sileo with that.
Team Coolstar surprised everyone by releasing Chimera iOS 12 and iOS 12.1.2 jailbreak yesterday. While it was great announcement, but some jailbreak users are feeling disappointed.
The reason behind that is non-support for Cydia and replacement of Cydia with Sileo. While this was bound to happen, as Saurik, the founder of Cydia has quitted jailbreaking recently, jailbreak lovers were not ready to say good bye to Cydia.
How to Install Cydia After Chimera iO2 Jailbreak
Luckily, we have found a workaround to install Cydia and get it working on your iOS 12/12.1.2 Chimera jailbroken iDevice. All you need is to follow the steps below:
Method # 1: Using Sileo
- Launch Sileo on your A12 Jailbroken iDevice.
- Add repo.pixelomer.com to Sileo and refresh.
- Now install Cydia Installer from repo.
- Once installation is completed, launch Cydia from homescreen.
Method # 2: Using iNoJB
- Launch Safari web browser.
- Open inojb.net and wait for it so it fully loaded.
- Follow on-screen instructions to get Cydia installed.
Though, you might experience some issue with Cydia running on iOS 12 as its the outdated version, but still you might be able to find your favorite Cydia tweak working on Chimera.