Cydia is known as AppStore alternative for jailbreak tweaks. The reason people opt for jailbreak is to be able to customize their iOS 12 powered iPhone X, 8 Plus, 6S, SE, iPad Air or Mini to their will.
With each new version of iOS, jailbreaking the iDevice is getting tougher. It can take many tries/failures, and there is no guarantee that it will work, or work well. Jailbreak can leave your device unstable or with limited functionality if you are unable to revert to the pre-jailbreak version.
Further, there are a lot of incentives now to avoid jailbreak. Many apps and services look for the existence of jailbreak, and when it is detected, will block the app/service from the device (Uber, social media apps, financial services). Jailbreaking generally voids the warranty as well, which is very troublesome for users when buying such an expensive device.
Thankfully, you can download and install Cydia on iOS final powered iDevices without jailbreaking it. Yes, it is right.
How to Download Cydia for iOS 12 without Jailbreaking iPhone and iPad
So if you have finally made up mind to proceed with installation of Cydia on your iOS 12 powered iDevice, then follow the steps below:
- First of all make sure to have a complete backup of your iPhone on iTunes. This is for safety of data.
- Secondly, you need to install Cydia Impactor on your Windows PC.
- Download Cydia ipa for iOS 12.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer using its data cable.
- Launch Cydia Impactor.
- Drag and drop the Cydia for iOS 12 .ipa file inside Cydia Impactor.
- Follow onscreen instructions to complete the installation of Cydia for iOS 12 without jailbreak.
- As soon as installation is completed, you will be notified on your computer. At that moment, disconnect your iPhone or iPad running on iOS 12 from your computer.
Launch Cydia and start installing your favorite Cydia tweaks for iOS 12 without jailbreak requirements.