Apple introduced HomeKit in iOS 10 that allow users to control the smart home devices right from iPhone or iPad. It is basically a hub from where you can control all your HomeKit supported/enabled devices.
In case you have lot of HomeKit accessories installed at your home or office, you might find it difficult to distinguish a specific one by just looking at its icon. Yes, this happens with me too.
The good way to overcome this is by assigning specific icon to each HomeKit accessory. This will make it very easy to identify HomeKit accessory by just looking at its icon without reading the name.
Steps to Change HomeKit Accessory Icon
The procedure to change HomeKit accessory icon is pretty simple and straight forward.
- First of all, open the Home app.
- Press and hold the accessory that you want to change the icon for.
- New options will appear at the bottom. Tap on “Details”. This will take you to different settings option for that particular accessory. You can change the name, room etc. there.
- Just beside the accessory name, you will see the icon. Tap on the orange colored square around the icon to select from different available icons.
- Select the one that best fits the device.
Let us know if you have any questions related to HomeKit app.