Looking to change the icon of your HomeKit Accessory? We’ll show you how this can be done in a few quick steps.
Apple introduced the now very popular HomeKit in iOS 10 that allow users to control the smart home devices right from iPhone or iPad. It is basically a hub from where you can control all your HomeKit supported/enabled devices. There are tons of HomeKit devices for your home (that you can connect up), like a TV, speakers, lights, light strips, switches, locks, and more.
In the situation where you have a lot of various HomeKit accessories installed at your home or office, you might find it difficult to distinguish a specific one by just looking at its icon. Yes, this happens with me too.
The good way to overcome this is by assigning specific icon to each HomeKit accessory. This will make it very easy to identify your specific HomeKit accessory by just looking at its icon without reading the name.
Steps to Change HomeKit Accessory Icon
The procedure to change HomeKit accessory icon is pretty simple and straight forward.
- First of all, open the Home app.
- Press and hold the accessory that you want to change the icon for.
- New options will appear at the bottom. Tap on “Details”. This will take you to different settings option for that particular accessory. You can change the name, room etc. there.
- Just beside the accessory name, you will see the icon. Tap on the orange colored square around the icon to select from different available icons.
- Select the one that best fits the device.
Were you able to change the icon with the information provided in this tutorial? Let us know if you had any problems with the steps or if you have any additional questions related to the HomeKit app or other HomeKit accessories.