There is a dedicated YouTube app for iOS devices that is available in AppStore. It offers very nice interface and clean performance. However, the feature it lacks is ability to download videos on iPhone for offline viewing.
Thanks to a Cydia jailbreak tweak known as YouTube++, you can now download your favorite video from YouTube onto your iPhone for offline viewing. It is compatible with all iDevices that include:
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 6S
- iPhone SE
- iPad Air
- iPad Mini
- iPod Touch
YouTube++ is basically a Cydia tweak that requires your iDevice to have jailbreak access. However, thanks to recent developments, you can now download and install it without jailbreaking your device. But before that, make sure your iPhone/iPad/iPod is running on iOS 11 or iOS 11.2 and does not have any software related issues.
How to Install YouTube++ for iOS 11/11.2 without Jailbreak
- First of all, launch Safari web-browser on your iDevice.
- Visit tweak box and wait until it is loaded.
- You will be presented with number of Cydia tweaks. Search for “YouTube++” and wait for it until searching process is completed.
- Tap on YouTube++ for iOS 11/11.2 to go to its main page. Tap on Download button which will start the installation process.
- Once it is completed, go to your iDevice homescreen. Trust the profile in Settings -> General.
That’s it. Now you will see YouTube++ icon on your iOS 11 and iOS 11.2 powered device homescreen. Launch it from there. Make sure it works as expected. Search for your favorite YouTube video and once it starts playing, you will see download video option.
The downloaded video goes to the video section in Photo gallery in iOS 11.
Did this tutorial answer your questions and help you with your problem? Let us know what you think in the comments section below.